A Complete List of Home Amenities and Features for Homebuyers
- The Importance of Location. The golden rule in real estate is location.
- Exterior Features. We all have some idea of what our perfect home would look like from the street.
- Decide on the Type of Home You Want. You should look at many types of homes before making a purchase.
- Interior Features.
- Using a List to See Properties.
- 1 What do you need in a house checklist?
- 2 What are the 3 most important things when buying a house?
- 3 What do I need to buy for my first house?
- 4 What are the top 10 things to look for when buying a house?
- 5 What 3 things would you want in a house and why?
- 6 What should a first-time home buyer look for?
- 7 What should you not do before buying a house?
- 8 What to know before viewing a house?
- 9 How much money should you have saved before buying a house?
- 10 How much should I put down on my first house?
- 11 Can I buy a house with no money down?
- 12 What should I look for when walking through a house?
- 13 How do you protect yourself when buying a house?
- 14 What should you ask when viewing a house?
What do you need in a house checklist?
Wants Vs Needs Checklist
- Specific carpeting, paint, exterior color.
- Hardwood floors, tile, carpet.
- Bay windows.
- Built-in entertainment center.
- Brass lighting fixtures.
What are the 3 most important things when buying a house?
The Location They say that the three most important things to think about when buying are home are location, location, location. You can live with almost any imperfection in a home if you love the neighborhood and your neighbors. You can change almost everything else.
What do I need to buy for my first house?
New house essentials: Your checklist of what to buy
- Table and chairs.
- Waste bin.
- Cleaning cloths.
- Cleaning detergent / washing up liquid.
- Tea towels.
What are the top 10 things to look for when buying a house?
Buying A House? Look For These 10 Things
- House Size.
- The Ideal Yard.
- The House’s Exterior.
- Living Room.
- Heating And Cooling Systems.
What 3 things would you want in a house and why?
What three things would you want in a house and why?
What should a first-time home buyer look for?
Here’s our checklist of things to look out for when you are buying and viewing a property.
- Is there damp?
- Is the building structurally sound?
- How much storage space is there?
- Which way does the house face?
- Are the rooms big enough for your needs?
- Have you been fooled by staging?
- Do the window frames have cracking paint?
What should you not do before buying a house?
Recap: What not to do before buying a house
- Take out a car loan or finance other big items.
- Max out your credit cards.
- Quit or change jobs to a new field.
- Assume you need 20% down.
- Go house hunting before getting pre-approved.
- Use the first mortgage lender you talk to.
- Make big financial changes prior to closing.
What to know before viewing a house?
Use their guidelines to help you make an informed assessment of a home’s condition.
- ❏ Check the floors.
- ❏ Notice cracks in the wall.
- ❏ Pay attention to fresh paint.
- ❏ Look for water in the basement.
- ❏ Test the windows.
- ❏ Assess the roof.
- ❏ Note the trees outside.
- ❏ Eyeball electrical and plumbing.
How much money should you have saved before buying a house?
The most typical cash reserve requirement is two months. That means that you must have sufficient reserves to cover your first two months of mortgage payments. So if your principal, interest, taxes, and insurance (PITI) come to $1,500 per month, the reserve requirement will be $3,000.
How much should I put down on my first house?
Realistically, most first-time home buyers have to put down at least 3 percent of the home’s purchase price for a conventional loan, or 3.5 percent for an FHA loan.
Can I buy a house with no money down?
You can only get a mortgage with no down payment if you take out a government-backed loan. Government-backed loans are insured by the federal government. There are currently two types of government-sponsored loans that allow you to buy a home without a down payment: USDA loans and VA loans.
What should I look for when walking through a house?
8 Questions to Ask During a New Home Walk Through
- Have all requested repairs been made?
- Did the seller leave behind all warranties and maintenance guides?
- Is everything included in the sale present in the home?
- Does everything work?
- Is the home clean?
- Do all of the windows and doors work?
- Is the lawn in good condition?
How do you protect yourself when buying a house?
To truly protect yourself legally, you can put together a cohabitation agreement, which is sort of like a prenup. “Cohabitation agreements usually include how property will be divided in the event of a separation,” said attorney David Reischer, CEO of LegalAdvice.com.
What should you ask when viewing a house?
What questions to ask when viewing a house
- How long has the property been up for sale?
- What’s the area like?
- How many offers have they had?
- What’s the parking situation?
- Why is the seller moving?
- How long have the owners lived there?
- What are the neighbours like?
- Are there any issues with the building?