5 Ways to Celebrate Your First Home Mortgage
- Break out the champagne and host a house warming party.
- Buy a plaque that reads “Established 2019.” Or whatever year it is you’re buying the house.
- Pay your first monthly mortgage payment early (or doubled).
- Take treats to all your new neighbors.
- Hold a ticker-tape parade.
Break out the champagne and host a house warming party. Seems like a no-brainer, but why not celebrate with family and friends. Plus, you might get some cool gifts. Buy a plaque that reads “Established 2019.” Or whatever year it is you’re buying the house. Pay your first monthly mortgage payment early (or doubled).
- 1 How do you celebrate moving into a new house?
- 2 When should you celebrate buying a house?
- 3 How do you celebrate one year in a new home?
- 4 What to expect after buying a house?
- 5 How do you wish a new house?
- 6 What can go wrong at closing?
- 7 How much are closing costs?
- 8 What should a buyer expect on closing day?
How do you celebrate moving into a new house?
Most Creative Ways to Celebrate Moving to a New Home
- Brunch. Do a brunch with a Bloody Mary or Mimosa bar.
- Bless. Invite your friends to come over for a blessing of your home.
- Ice Cream Bar. Do an after dinner ice cream bar with all of the toppings.
- Tour the Home.
- Game Night.
When should you celebrate buying a house?
Legally, you should receive your closing documents three business days before closing. Make sure you read them prior to closing day so you understand what you’re signing and check that there are no errors. Take notes if you have questions or concerns — you might want to address them before the closing.
How do you celebrate one year in a new home?
Great Gift Ideas to Celebrate Your Buyers’ House Anniversary
- Raise a glass. A bottle of bubbly and a pair of personalized champagne flutes, accompanied by a card toasting the happy homeowners is a thoughtful gift.
- Deliver dinner.
- Brew up a quiet morning.
- Let them entertain.
- An artful touch.
What to expect after buying a house?
16 Things to Do Immediately After Buying a House (Includes Bonus Checklist!)
- Hook up Your Utilities.
- Do a Deep Clean.
- Change Your Locks.
- Reset Your Garage Security Code.
- Forward Your Old Mail.
- Change Your Address.
- Unpack Your Boxes.
- Buy a Safe.
How do you wish a new house?
Short & Sweet Messages
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness in your new home.
- Here’s to the start of a wonderful adventure.
- Home sweet home!
- Get ready to create tons of memories in your new place.
- Good luck with the house move.
- You’ve got the keys!
- Can’t wait to see your fancy new pad.
What can go wrong at closing?
Pest damage, low appraisals, claims to title, and defects found during the home inspection may slow down closing. There may be cases where the buyer or seller gets cold feet or financing may fall through. Other issues that can delay closing include homes in high-risk areas or uninsurability.
How much are closing costs?
Closing costs can make up about 3% – 6% of the price of the home. This means that if you take out a mortgage worth $200,000, you can expect closing costs to be about $6,000 – $12,000. Closing costs don’t include your down payment.
What should a buyer expect on closing day?
On closing day, you sign your mortgage contract and pay the funds. Your lender will provide the mortgage money to your lawyer or notary. You must provide the rest of the purchase price to your lawyer or notary as well as the closing costs.